Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Wednesday, 26 July 2006 - The 1st prototype

Today is the first day I have had to try the first stage of my automated lifestyle support system – the chemically treated air supply. Things are still at the very rudimentary stage at the moment, but as a proof of concept it is already proving to have great potential. I have used an aquarium air pumps, as Magnum suggested, which is hooked up to bubble through my Amyl Nitrate supply. A long length of tube caries the chemically treated air to my gas mask to mix with my filtered air. I have arrange a systems of vents & valves so that most of the pressure is lost before it bubbles through the AN and so a very fine degree of control is achievable. For the last hour I have had it set so that it just fails to break the surface of the AN and so when I breathe in, the pressure drop will cause a small amount of air to pass through the chemicals.

Enough of the how stuff – what does it feel like? Well it is certainly less of a rush than doing it the old way. This is because I have deliberately moderated the volume of chemical vapour to see if I can fine tune my experience over a longer period. The first 30 minutes or so I could hardly detect any change but somewhere about an hour in I started getting the real signs the poppers where doing their work on me. Things just seem to have slowly ramped up from there on…

T+01:30
The effect of the poppers on me has continues to ramp up and guess I am already at some form of “continues bliss”. I hope the rate of increase for the effect is going to slow down soon as I am trying to avoid getting too turned on too quickly.

T+02:00
Had to halt as effect too strong. Need to go back to the drawing board as when popper level gets lower (due to evaporation) the volume of air automatically increases due to lower back pressure and so the machine gets a bit carried away and sent me into orbit…

Still effect very good at first and just needs fine tuning.

Sealed

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was a bit concerned that keeping the air pump on all the time would be difficult. So regardless of how often you might want to do poppers, you will probably want to connect some kind of timer no matter what. That will keep the liquid from evaporating and make it more controllable. Again, you can find a lot of X10 units and pre-packaged software that are not expensive. At least you will be able to get a high amount of control over it.

Anonymous said...

When you get a chance, tell us what you want to work on next besides the chemical atmosphere. Mabye suffocation and asphyxiation? Or maybe electrostim? It looks like all you have to do is get the AN pump working on a timer-basis and that part will be all ready to go. Note that some of the home automation equipment software that I mentioned in the past have a network interface that is controllable from remote locations on the net, which would make some of your rubber suit control available to someone else that you trust.

Anonymous said...

As far as suffocation goes, you wrote about your battery powered air pump and how unreliable it was. Why not get a high capacity aquarium pump for your air as well, or if you use 2 pumps as I mentioned before, keep that one running all the time. If that is not enough, there are pumps of various sizes, some with a piston on them that deliver quite a bit of air, which you could regulate. Then you could use a breathing bag and vent valve as you mentioned in your previous posts. That way, you could achieve the right airflow and it would be consistent.