Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

05:15 Bubble #110

Finally finished preparation and building new bubble. Entered and sealed air lock exit for a trial run.

This bubble is a little more robust in style than ones I have made in past and so is a little bit of an experiment. It’s made from 250 micron thick black membrane. This is totally light proof and so lighting is laid on inside.

The main structure of the bubble is made of 3 sheets of the membrane with taped seams. In addition there is a air-lock structure made from a 4th sheet, which forms a 4m entry tube which can be sealed at both ends.

The nominal dimensions of the main structure are 2.75m x 4m x 2.25m, giving a volume of more than 24 Sq M. I don’t have an exact system of estimating endurance for a given volume, but looking at earlier log entries, I am hoping for 2 to 2.5 days.

Will write up more about the other trial items in this bubble later one…

09:15 +4 hours

Overnight the bag lost most of it’s volume. There must be a leak. Given the length of seams this is not that unexpected – particularly given that most are only taped on one side.

Later I will re-inflate and go over every seam and fix all the leaks. In the mean time, I think I will continue with what I have to see if there are any other things to learn.

The air is still very breathable and comfortable. The built-in thermostatic heating and the dehumidifier are keeping things pleasant so far.

12:00 +6:45

Sometime mid-morning I couldn’t help myself from getting turned on in my rubber suit, inside my plastic bubble. I was really trying to last out till later but just couldn’t stop myself filling my suit with semen… Didn’t help that someone mailed me a link to a new (commercial) breath play site (www.o2extreme.com).

By the way, I should point out that the bubble is large enough for my work desk monitor etc to fit in here with me. So I am actually able to work while slowly suffocating…

Speaking of which, only very early signs of any change to the quality of air in here. Pulse 76->80BPM (have not measured it recently, so not sure what it normally is, but this seems just a little high for me). Breathing is near normal.

19:15 +14hrs

After working through the day, I knocked off early and spent the last few hours catching up on sleep. During this time I was aware that the air quality was starting to change. This went through the classic pattern I have seen before when it happens when I am resting and not moving about. What happens is over time your body adjusts to it, so you get periods where your respiration rate increases slightly and then returns to normal, all by itself. During these periods, you can start to get strange feelings in the rest of you body, such as a sort of ache in the limbs or tingling deep in your abdomen. I go through several of these periods and then you can even get a long reprise where you stay apparently unaffected for a long period. This is roughly were I am now.

Incidentally, I never carried out the repairs to the bubble, which has leaked out much of the air until it formed a dome and could support it’s own weight without forcing the air through the small defects in the seams. So, I am in just a fraction of the volume of air the bubble is capable of – say a quarter. Even so, there seems to be plenty for a fairly long session and may even make 18 to 24 hours yet. The full bubble would have been able to support me for days – maybe longer than I have time available this time.

Speaking of time, it just so happens that I am going to working unsociable hours for – i.e. overnight and on call. So what better way to be deploying my software than doing it from my desk in my fetish bubble! I only hope the air doesn’t get interesting (run out) when I am too busy to appreciate it...

No comments: