Monday, December 05, 2005

Sunday, 04 December 2005

As always Dark makes some interesting and thought provoking points in his recent comment. Thank you, I am flattered by your interest. But it suddenly occurred to me how difficult it might be for others (even regular rubberists) to see why I believe that extreme total enclosure would be the ideal normal state for me – my own personal holy grail. For a long time I had assumed that ALL rubberist might dream about spending all their time in rubber from head to foot, if only they could acclimatise to it, get past the physical & psychological barriers and have a personal lifestyle that allowed for such unusual/total existence/behaviour in our repressive society.

There are really three parts to my desired lifestyle, the rubber, the TE (being as hermitically sealed as possible) and the length of time I wish to be in this state. Looking at the comments from Dark and comments and emails from others leads me to realise that these are not even universal fantasies, even less so personal aims.

Before I go on, I really must say that I would not denigrate those who follow the practice of just wearing latex for a particular fetish session, party or just for fun, and then strip when it is no longer needed. I feel this is a totally legitimate rubberist / fetishist / TE ist behaviour. Please don’t think I believe this is a hierarchy - there is nothing clever, brave or noble about aspiring towards a dedication to a rubber TE lifestyle. It’s just a personal preference that some of us have.

It seemed to me that Dark’s mental exercise only went part the way to explaining my “holy grail” of “full perfect encasement”, even though I could relate to all his points. It is true that I think that rubber feels great, skin tight better and the more coverage the better. But interestingly, I thought Dark’s term Full Perfect Encasement did come close to summing up one of the missing elements in the reasoning very well – that’s exactly how it feels to me when the encasement is as full/total/complete as I can make it - Perfect. Anything less is “imperfect” to me. For me, TE or FPE is not just about the feeling of rubber on every inch of your skin – there is another extra physical aspect the nearer you get to TE and something more yet again when you achieve a totality hermitic seal – which is more than just a physical sensation. In addition I prefer that my air supply is not too direct – even when I am not embarked on a session of breath play. This can be anything from wearing a simple filter mask to more elaborate masks and tubes – but the base line is that not even my lips / teeth / tongue are outside my total encasement. Again. the enclosure is not strictly total for me if my eyes are not covered in some way (e.g. rubber blind fold, goggles or full face mask).

As for the extended length of time I whish to be in this state – that is a little more difficult to account for. Lets start with the time it takes most people to perform a specific fetish session which may result in sexual climax. This is going to be different for everyone and different each time - but just try to imagine a long session by your own standards. My guess is that many have never made it past spending double this length of time in rubber (unless they fell asleep post coitus and woke up in the morning still in rubber or maybe were out partying all night). This period of say double the period strictly needed to achieve a fetish session is, in my mind, just the starting point for a whole different TE experience I desire. Problematically, it is also usually during this period when you get the strongest desire to strip from what suddenly feels like the restrictive grip of the TE.

Now, imagine it’s a good day and you have stayed rubbered for a time when you have had multiple sessions with rest session between and are now convinced you have had your fill (a session that could keep you happy for days). Now imagine resisting the now very strong desire to strip and just take a rest for a while instead. After a time, what would happen for me is that the desire to strip fades and suddenly I start to feel very comfortable again. Presently, I get a feeling of being very special and the feeling is both great and reassuring. Lets call this the beginning of Phase 2, which feels like I have entered an almost symbiotic relationship with my encasement. If I can come to accept the (mainly) minor inconveniences and restrictions of staying in rubber, I start to reap the true benefits of long term TE, this time without the “torture” of needing to repress my pent up sexual drive and over stimulation (or alternately the need to do something to relief the strong desire to come). Many of the benefits of Phase 2 get better over the hours and even days and I would say is a much deeper experience than just a quick phase 1 bang.

That’s half of it – the “why extended session” part, but again there is another part. Why should it become your default day to day existence? Well this is even more tricky to describe but partly it is because it is a just an important part of the technique of achieving Phase 2. And this is where the explanation gets a little recursive, but bear with me…

Now in a perfect world, if this TE Phase 2 is something you wanted to do even fairly regularly as part of your life, it would be better to get to Phase 2 as quickly as possible rather than “endure” Phase 1 for hours of each session (with all the time and mess involved!). One of the handful of techniques I use for this is to literally achieve phase 2 as regularly/constantly as I possibly can. Like a self fulfilling prophecy, the nearer you get to Phase 2 being an every day for most/all of the day experience, the easier and quicker it is to achieve Phase 2+. I call it 2+ because it has all the advantages of Phase2 without the daily inconvenience of involuntarily losing control for half the day, plus the advantage of still being susceptible to becoming highly sexually stimulated (usually) at a time of your own choosing, rather than in the first hour of TE. This becomes important if you want function in any way outside of just sex while wearing rubber.

I know this is going to sound difficult to believe, but the part of the fetish experience that most people aim for (that I call phase 1) is one of the single biggest nightmares of my latex lifestyle for me. The amazing rush, massive sudden increase in libido, the transition from mundane life to an exciting fetish dream existence are like crosses I must bear for my belief in Phase 2. To me Phase 1 has become associated with ordeal, torment and even suffering. Believe me, if you don’t get to choose the time it happens, holding back from over sexual stimulation day in day out, hour after hour does feel very much like a physical agony. It’s still enjoyable for me – but only in a very masochistic way. Luckily for me the cure is to try to minimise time spent in Phase 1 to minutes and not hours, partly by basically staying in Phase 2+ day in day out. (Other controls I use to deal with phase 1 are “ritual”, state of mind, time of day, diet, activity before and after being encased, use of toys and use of poppers… But I think the most potent would be to never spend more than a few minutes unsealed).

In addition to the above purely practical (if cyclic) reasoning, there has to be a more fundamental personal motivation to want to aspire to lifestyle of Full Perfect Encasement. This is almost as difficult for me as describing why you want to be a man or woman (I guess I am talking gender not just biological sex here). My current self image is wrapped up in the whole idea of TE as being a perfect (normal) state for the ideal “being”. It’s difficult to be certain, but I think this has always been the case for me since childhood. I don’t think anything will shake my desire to aspire towards this idealised (self) image.

Back to a more physical reason – rubber feels great on day 1 and still feels great on day 30 and this whole notion of recalibration of senses may have been overplayed, or perhaps poorly explained by me and others. Recalibration is a reality for me – basically you not only get used to the feeling of TE, but you actually adapt to it to some degree. Rubber does become less taxing to wear when it is your “norm”. In fact, after a month or two, it becomes significantly more comfortable to be in rubber than to wear anything else. But for me, you never feel like the rubber is not there for very long and it never feels anything other than very special – sure you sometimes forget for a short while if extremely pre-occupied – but the idea of rubber TE becoming a normal non-stimulating feeling is ludicrous to me (not that Dark claimed quite as much as that). I think of recalibration as being like taking a mild pain killer - taking aspirin may make your sore knee easier to live with, but if you touch your skin, or knock your knee, it still feels exactly the same as normal. If that can be true of pain killers maybe you will believe me when I say that rubber is ALWAYS stimulating to me, even when I don’t want it to be, even after several days of 24/7 encasement. For example, I have been in rubber constantly since Friday PM and I am still having difficulty controlling myself now on Sunday evening when I come to describe my rubber lifestyle, 48 hours later…

Maybe it’s not as intense for me as it is for other who ration themselves – I can’t measure that. For sure it is not as frantic involuntary an experience – but that’s not to say there are not deeper sensual elements to compensate. What does seem to happen over time is that the reasons and impulses to end a TE session lessen fairly constantly and the reasons to want to carry on stay fairly constant after the first few high/lull cycles – thus a tipping point can be reached were the balance of reasons to stay rubbered outweigh the reasons to go vanilla. I have been slightly worried when this has happened – as I have occasionally got to a stage where it’s be too strong a wrench to go vanilla and so affected my other work/life commitments…

As for the calculus of the fetish TE – I think this particularly well observed. For me there are always two sides to the equation which I have to balance. It also explains why some people are more able and willing to go for the lifestyle. For example, people who are gregarious with vanilla friends and family, don’t have personalities that like to shock, like doing very physical sport and/or work, get still crazy if they don’t regularly get a dose of outdoor life are going to find it more difficult to balance the equation than a book mouse, non-physical types who are very self contained.

For me, I tend to fit somewhere towards the type of person where a fully enclosed latex lifestyle does not sufficiently prohibit me from the life I want to live to stop me living in rubber the majority of the time. Admittedly I have manipulated the other part of my work & personal life to quite an extent to make them compatible with rubber. I expect I am done manipulating them – but suspect I have left it a little too long in my life to totally commit to a 24/7/365 rubber lifestyle – but that shouldn’t stop me trying.

For me, once you given yourself the opportunity to experience TE day in day out, it only gets easier to deal with the challenges and yet also becomes more pleasurable. The real answer as to why I would want to spend each day like this is that it’s better in rubber and I often cannot find any reason not to be.

It’s interesting to think that many like Dark try to acquire the next fetish level with money. I sometimes do the same, but my main investment is not monetary – it is something you never want to squander - namely time. Contrary to how it may sound, I find I cannot be judgmental about other people’s journeys to personal happiness and just whish everyone who is true to their dreams well.

It seems that rubberiest who aspire to and actively pursue a fully total enclosure lifestyle are in a very small minority. Those who write about even fewer. So it seems I am more alone in this endeavor than I thought. I hope to come to terms with this fact, but can’t help feeling very keen to hear from anyone who even has it as a dream – but be warned I always encourage people to make there dreams a reality…

Sealed

1 comment:

Sealed said...

Ta very much, but to put the record straight….

1. I am rubbish at ice skating – but seriously, I immediately thought “No” to the idea of it all being an early adolescent choice/plan to get to this point – it all sounded a little to single minded and well organized to be very likely to be my life. A decade+ of personal engineering for definite, but three decades of planning… hmm.. let me think in that. In addition, I am not a really a classic “loner” either – although some of my close friends, neighbors, family and partner might disagree! I aspire towards being a fairly self contained when needed, and if you said there was part of my personality that required me to have the option of a good bit of personal space between being social, I couldn’t disagree. But I don’t think I would have the strength of mind to be an ascetic hermit….

But then I thought again… maybe there was a slight connection to how I behaved from youth and the path I now find myself on…. I have certainly been a fetishist since before puberty. These early fetishes were almost entirely compatible with what we are talking about now – even though latex rubber was not know to me, the scenes were all to do with breath play, diving, space suits, sci-fi character in latex suits …. spot the theme yet? The perfect hermetically sealed form I see as the ideal form is certainly something that I have always had in my head. And I always did put steps in place to maximize the potential for privacy and personal space – things that are handy if you are embarking on all the weird fetish activities I planned to carry out. So maybe it all depends on if you are talking consciously or sub-consciously…

Dark’s point about “integration into society” and “bread winners” etc – leads me to ask a somewhat tangential question. If society was very tolerant and had no issues at all with people expressing themselves in whatever outlandish way they liked including TE – would more people live latex lifestyles? Would not having to live a socially withdrawn existence make it more likely rubberists would wear their chosen material every day on the street? Or is the isolation half the point for some? Would the daily reality of rubber TE put some off or would it encourage them to realize their every fetish ambition? Are there some who revel in wearing costumes purely because they are considered non-compliant or even shocking to social norms?

I hope I would fall into the camp of fulfilling my TE potential and going for it – but, of coarse, society is not even slightly tolerant and I am too timid and unwilling to offend and challenge societies misconceptions be leading by example. This ground breaking I currently leave for others like Blackie. As I have said before, I think the future “free” fetishists will owe these bold folk a great deal when they are accepted and judged by their actions and not their clothing and means of sexual / fetish expression.

“At one "point" do you stop sealing the surface?” – well for me this is subjective and more down to a compromise as to feeling as totally sealed as is compatible with the type of activities you must perform. So for days were I require to plan some flexibility as to the task I might need to perform, the only compromise to total TE I need to take is that the only thing between my mouth and the outside world might be a dust mask. Very easy and comfortable – yet does provide some, admittedly minimal, physical (& psychological) barrier to the outside world. Where only a subset of everyday activities is required, I would often prefer something more extreme.

As for the lovely sounding tubes – these are all desirable things to consider, but for me I think the more extreme ones would require months and years of very dedicated acclimatization. Absolutely the sort of things I play with for session of just a few hours – but this is another world from being able to wear them every day all day. For me, one of the “secrets” of extended rubber lifestyle has been to make the existence as comfortable as possible, while gently pushing the odd personal barrier as and when I have the spare will power. If everything you are wearing is a challenge – then I would recommend stripping to the basics till you acclimatize.

“Ears… or do they also have tube into the canal?” - wow, what an inventive imagination…. So far I have been happy just wearing a rubber hood.

“Eyes... are they blocked? or are there very small holes and lenses over?” Just sealed is fine for me. The size of hole is not critically important as long as the hole is sealed – e.g. typically I just wear goggles.

“Dealing with these orifices and the eyes are clearly very difficult.” – The are challenges – but “difficult” might be overstating it. I have a pragmatic approach of working out what is the maximum severity of seal I can achieve comfortably for the period I am likely to endure between pit stops and go for it. In the mean time I devise minor improvements – but I would sooner be proceeding with a half baked TE than no TE at all until I resolve every detail.

Hair and nails are still outside the period I can manage without pit-stop. Like you said the radical hair option is to kill the hair follicle – and I know people who have had this treatment. Nails I have no answer to – but I look forward to suggestions, particularly if and when this becomes a regular problem for me.

The whole sexual release v constant sexual arousal – or at lease extremely protracted sexual climax / release subjects are still work in progress for me. I can’t say I have all the answers yet. Some days go better than others – and currently I am going through a particularly bad patch while coming off poppers (about a month ago) which had built up in my system to such a degree that they provided a powerful mechanism to control the physiological function behind my (male) arousal. Without this mechanism I am somewhat at the mercy of my libido and my rubber, although like I said last time there are strategies that help.

BTW - Phase 1 is just merely the period when being in rubber automatically sexually stimulating, seemingly without the “encasee” needing to take any action or maybe not wanting to. Depending on context – this can often be over-stimulation – in so much as it takes considerable will power to not submit to its delicious hold – which you may need to do if attempting to live a life in latex and achieve anything other than sex while in rubber. In addition, picking your own time to enjoy sexual stimulation, preferably sometime deep into phase 2 is important for moral (having something to look forward to) and also much longer deeper and sensual periods of sexual arousal. The idea of becoming stimulated and erect for long period without ever coming does interest me – the feeling of being on the edge for hours feels amazing (when you want to be aroused and yet feels just like agony when you do not). But inevitably the equilibrium has to end – and usually it ends for me with an explosive sexual release.

BTW – I submit it is probably more difficult to control sexual over-stimulation while wearing rubber for men than for women. The external sexual organs being the main culprit. Anyone take a different / female perspective?

Like Dark, rubber is a skin and I don’t get the costumes / roles. For Dark, the rubbering objective is either sexual or sensual (at separate time). I think for me it is either sexual (phase1) or it is sensual AND sexual. I don't know if I am unique in this either….

I think there is another side to the whole rubber submissive concept, in addition to the power of rubber and of a partner dom, that Dark mentioned. I often feel I am submitting to rubber because of the sacrifices I make to wear it for long periods. Yes this includes the activities you cannot easily do, the potential for isolation etc – but principally I am talking about those (hopefully) brief moments when you really want to strip (for either psychological or physical comfort) – but know that within the hour you would deeply regret submitting to the temptation. During these moments, you can feel like you are truly suffering and so the act of resisting the temptation of stripping is truly submissive – in accepting the “worst” that your rubber skin can torment you with.

Although in my blog I try to concentrate on the fact that a rubber lifestyle is much more feasible, tolerable and desirable than many may think, the truth is that you do sometimes have to suffer just a little for your art.

Sealed