Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I have been asked how I have been coping without rubber – the question was so shocking as to warrant a small entry here. The idea of me not engaging in rubber at all while traveling on business was never a realistic option for me! Not sure I cold survive that, but you don't have to worry too much - I have brought my rubber with me!

Although I no longer work in rubber, I am spending all free time, evenings / nights and weekends in rubber. In fact, as I don't have the fix during the weekdays, I am able to push a few personal limits I have been neglecting so far.

I have never got round to fully acclimatizing to wearing rubber while asleep – in particularly TE. It’s not that it’s a usual activity, I quite often have a more severe hood on at night than during the day (I have a penchant for a particular dangerous type in fact) – it’s just that it’s not become totally routine. For various reason I have found it difficult to control my temperature overnight and usually always overheat and perspire by morning - usually after wake up in the middle of the night shivering from being too cold! It’s not a huge problem or anything – it’s just I know from my daytime experiences that it should be perfectly possible to be virtually 100% comfortable and reasonably dry every time if I get it right.

The main way I have found to acclimatize in the past is to stop doing things add-hoc and start being methodical, building up the gradually the severity to a point were I am living it every day. In the past, I was patchy about letting myself bail out if I thought it was not going well. So while I have been here, I have started building up my ability to be comfortable in rubber overnight. Still not got the hood / mask / goggles part totally comfy, but working up to it.

And again, as I have not spent every day of the week in rubber, my will power is more able to push things at the weekends. So I am engaging in longer sessions at the weekend with the aim being to build it up to total enclosure 24/7 for each weekend, starting 5pm Friday though to Monday 8am, as the norm while away from home.

Last weekend was a trial and went reasonably well - but was a bit over ambitious as I found it difficult to sleep in my hood for more than one night in a row and had also made a little too difficult in the rear plug department! None of it was stopping me as a one off – but I realized that to regularize this level of exposure to be a routine (long term) part of your life, it really cannot be uncomfortable or exhausting experience. I want this fetish experience to be my norm not a one off kinky trial.

So I think the moral of the story is to build up my acclimatization gradually! Once I have the whole rubber below the neck thing 100% sown up (it already feels very normal most nights, but it has to be a comfortable & dry experience every night to be sustainable) I will add the hood building up to breathing masks, goggles and breathing hoods. So far there have been too many things to deal with – this way there is only one challenge at a time.

At the moment I am in Washington DC is very cold and the temperature is totally suitable for rubber. Even if it were not, every place I have been so far had good A/C. Tomorrow I head back for PA which I suspect will be my HQ for a while – again in air conditioned latex luxury! Looks like I may have a little work near NY – but again the temperature is going to be perfect. So if I have to work away, it appears I have chosen the right time of year for the places I am working…

Sealed

4 comments:

Blackie said...

Glad to hear you are not deprived.

I am going through an intense latex phase, wearing my gear if necessary with vanilla clothes over. As for sleeping, I want to get back to my latex sleepsack. I hope to chlorinate that, so that I can then slip easily into it in catsuits etc.

Sleeping in full-face hood is OK, even with mouth zip closed as long as adequate bose breathing holes. I think. Gas mask needs positive air pressure, otherwise CO2 builds up leading to Sleep Apnea and waking up with a gasp. I must try more.

I now go round quite unconcerned in my SBR mack etc with open-faced hood, though I miss out the hood locally. Of course I enjoy the attention it brings, but that is disappointingly little. I have tried a heavy latex jacket and trousers with belt instead of mack - that I think may attract more attention, I hope not overdoing it. It seems a matter of choosing a place and time. Secluded spots are bad, leading I am sure to suspicion. Busy places good, but no drunks.

All the same I envy your ability for prolonged TE.

I note the anti-spam precaution now running.

Blackie.

Sealed said...

Good to hear you are back on top rubber form after your trip to Spain.

Of course, some us quite like the C02 build up you mentioned. So dangerous yet so delicious. Nothing quite like waking up gasping... particularly with the thrill of the small possibility of not doing so, ever...

Anonymous said...

Hi sealed

Over the time I found that my body learned to handle temperature regulation when regularly sleeping in a full rubber suit. The same is valid for wearing rubber underwear daily. When I started I often woke up sloshing around in sweat, nowadays I’m dry under the suit when I wake up. Being to dry can lead to a new problem, the friction between skin and rubber is increases.
I often wonder how my body does this but I don’t think it’s a question of growing old.
Having said this I think you will handle temperature problems easier over the time, so stay sealed!

Rubanix

Anonymous said...

Well Dark I really like the ”Mind Over Matter” idea...

But as you say, you move more economically.
I think the body learns that sweating is meaningless. One idea is that the body instead opens blood vessels near the skin to cool down.

Rubanix