Monday, September 26, 2005

Monday, September 26, 2005 Back and straight into rubber TE.

Only just caught up enough at work to find time to report back on my “marathon 7 days without rubber” (sic). Most people are probably already smiling at this challenge – but it seemed like a real challenge to me at the time!

There was the physical side and the emotional/psychological challenge.

The physical challenges were getting used to the vanilla clothes for long periods and getting used to not being protected by rubber from the environment. I can report that I did find vanilla uncomfortable – but this was mitigated by the fact I was able to acclimatize by starting off by wear just walker sandals, shorts and t-shirt once I got to my destination.

The down side to this was all the weather, dust and insects that had free access to my skin. Not used to it – so found myself a little more sensitive to these – particularly the sun! I was always well oiled with very strong insect repelling sun lotion – which turned out to be essential. I don’t have a fair complexion and don’t have sensitive skin, so it was interesting to note I was still browning and being occasionally eaten with my Factor 25 / 50% DEET lotion – despite regularly being topped up by my at tentative assistant!

Then there were the light levels. I guess it would have seem very bright to anyone from the UK, but I normally wear tinted goggles all day with my hood– so the light levels outside seemed painfully strong (from the moment I woke up) without my sun glasses.

Then there was the heat. The odd thing was I found on the first day I was not sweating very much at all. I tackled this on subsequent days by never letting myself go more than 15 minutes without drinking water. I think I have sort of “trained” myself over the last few months to minimize my perspiration. The first few days – I could hardly function from about 11 am to 2 pm. All this with actually quite modest temperatures - usually only around 28C in the shade!

In fact being so reliant on my glasses, packs of water bottles and over-applied oil, if I wanted to leave our villa, seemed slightly kinky in itself…

Anyway, I did seem to start acclimatizing to all these physical effects by the end of the week.

And then I even found something that would help with the emotional / fetish needs in the second half of the week – namely snorkeling. I had my latex flippers, mask and tube to help! Hanging there, in the clear warm water, breathing through a tube and holding my breath was perfect. We were both soon snorkeling addicts. Being together with just the sound of our breathing was most stimulating….

Snorkeling being a good substitute to my fetish was not something I consciously planned on – but it does show how powerful your sub-conscience is at shaping your conscious actions.

So after a week I retuned to my TE lifestyle – and its almost like I was never away. The vanilla part of my brain enjoyed the vacation a lot –while the fetish part of my brain enjoyed just the snorkeling.

At one time my fetish alter-ego was something I would need to regularly satisfy while leading a vanilla life. If I let things go to the natural conclusion I can see I would end up with a vanilla alter-ego requiring just very occasional free rain while leading an essentially fetish lifestyle – but I wonder if I would want to let it drift to that extreme.

Sealed.

No comments: